I’m sharing a simple and very famous breakfast recipe to all of you.
Sabudana khichdi is an indian dish .It is simple to cook and delicious to eat .sabudana khichdi is a no onion no garlic dish .It is frequently made when observing a fast during hindu festivals And in festivals salt is also replaced with sendha Namak.
Sabudana is made from the extract of the Tapioca Root.The addition of peanuts in sabudana khichdi gives crunchy flavours. !
We absolutely love it with a simple side of chilled yogurt and spicy green chillies .simple pleasures of life.!
Ingredients for Sabudana khichdi
- 1 cup soaked Sabudana / sago / Tapioca pearls .
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 medium size boiled,peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup roughly crushed potatoes
- Salt to taste ( sendha namak for fast)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- A pinch of Turmeric and red chilli powder.
- Green chilly for garnish.
- Wash the Sabudana (Tapioca Pearls) with water 4-5 times till the water runs clear, then drain the water. Soak the Sabudana for 5-8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in a pan and add Cumin Seeds (Jeera) ,green chillies, peanuts to the pan .
- Roast all of them for a couple of minutes on medium flame .
- Then add boiled cubed potatoes.
- Add A pinch of Turmeric Powder & Red Chilli Powder to the pan and
cook for a few seconds.
- Add the sabudana pearls to the mixture and gently mix with a fork.Cover the pan with a lid and let the sabudana khichdi cook for 3-5 minutes. The sabudana will start to become translucent as they cook.
- Sabudana Khichdi is ready.Add a lemon juice and Garnish with chopped coriander if you want with green chilly.serve it hot.