Methi Paneer Matar Malai is a rich dish made from freshly chopped fenugreek leaves (methi leaves) , green peas, cream and indian spices.serve methi paneer matar malai with naan or parathas or phulka or tandoori roti’s.it also goes well with plain boiled rice or jeera rice.
- Chopped fenugreek leaves ( methi) – 2 cups
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Green chillies – 2 to 3
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Onion -2 medium size
- Tomatoes – 2 medium size
- Paneer – 200 grams ( small cubes)
- Fried Green peas – 1 cup
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp
- Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coariander powder – 1 tsp
- Cashews nuts ( kaju ) – 2 tbsp
- Poppy seeds ( khus-khus ) – 2 tsp
- Water as needed
- Add onion,tomatoes,green chillies ,cumin seeds, poppy seeds, cashews nuts in a grinder and ground into a paste .
- Wash the methi leaves, chop them and add salt. Keep them aside.(you can boiled also )
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute .
- Now add the puree and saute till the traces of oil are seen on top .
- Add the spices ,turmeric powder,red chilli powder , coariander powder ,garam masala and salt.let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now add fenugreek leaves ,paneer and fried green peas .
- Mix everything well .
- Finally add cream and let it cook for 10 mins .
- Add water if needed .
- Methi matar malai is ready .served hot !.
- If you don’t want to add paneer you can skip this .
- If you want to kept it dry you can skip water and serve it .