Delicious tomato sauce pasta ,slow cooked in tangy tomato sauce .served in a simple , authentic italian way.This is a great recipe for brunch .
For tomato sauce
- Diced tomatoes – 5 to 6
- Chopped Garlic – 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic clove – 1
- Chopped onion – 1 medium size
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Bay leaf – 1
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Crushed black pepper – 2 tbsp
- Penne pasta – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh chopped coariander or parsley leaves .
- Boil water .Add penne pasta,oil and some salt .let it boil then drain when done .
- Cook the tomatoes in a pan .Add the garlic ,onion, bay leaf to it .Now add water and season with the sugar and salt. mix well.
- Cover and let the tomatoes boil, and then grind to a puree.
- In a separate pan ,heat oil add the chopped garlic and tomato puree cook till it reduces to half.
- Now add boiled pasta into it sprinkle crushed black pepper. Mix all together .Garnish with freshly chopped coariander or parsley and served it hot .!