Gulgule / Sweet Pue is a North Indian sweet dish that is very easy to make and tastes delicious. It is usually made for karwachauth, basauda .Maharashtrians also make Gulgule using jaggery instead of sugar and a mix of whole wheat flour, jowar flour and rice flour.
- Wheat flour – 2 cup
- Jaggery/ gud – 1/2 cup
- Fennel seeds /Saunf – 1 tbsp
- Pinch of Baking soda
- Khuskhus – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying
How to make sweet pue / gulgule:
- Cover the jaggery with hot water and stir till dissolved.
- Take a bowl add wheat flour, sauf, baking soda, and khuskhus.
- Now add the jaggery solution to it to form a batter of dropping consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan. Now add a equivalent to a tbsp of the batter over high heat.
- Then lower the heat and cook gulgule till they turns golden brown.
- Remove the gulgule in a tissue paper or kitchen towel to soak excess oil.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve hot !