Vegetable sandwich is a type of vegetarian sandwich consisting of various vegetables.This veg sandwich is made without a grill, toaster or oven. It is just made on a tawa in a simplest way.
- Bread slices – 4
- Butter / ghee – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Chopped boiled potatoes -2
- Chopped onion – 1 medium size
- Chopped tomatoes – 1 medium size
- Chopped carrot -1
- Green chillies – 2 (as per taste )
- Pinch of Turmeric powder
- Pinch of red chilli powder
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Half lemon squeeze
- Fresh chopped coriander leaves.
How to make :
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds and allow to splutter now add green chillies, boiled potatoes, onion ,tomatoes, carrot. mix well and cook for 5 -6 minutes.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chat masala, garam masala.
- Add a lemon squeeze and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Stir and saute for a minute .Set this aside.
- For pan top grilling – grease butter over the bread slices and toast them both the sides.
- Place the prepared veggies .
- Cover with another slices of bread and press down.
- Cut the bread into half and serve
- Finally Serve hot with sauce or chutney .
- You can add vegetables of your choice.
- You can also use cheese or cream for more flavours.