As popular fasting snack recipe or vrat recipe made with sago pearls or tapioca pearls. it is very popular dish in maharashtrian cuisine, but is equally popular in other near by states too. it is generally served during fasting season.
- Sabudana / sago – 1 cup
- Boiled and mashed potatoes – 1/2 cup
- Roasted crushed peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds ( jeera )- 1/2 tsp
- Finely chopped green chilly – 2
- Salt as per taste ( for fasting use rock salt)
- Lemon juice – 1tsp
- Add 1 cup sabudana and soak with water in a large bowl for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain off the water completely.
- Now add the soaked sabudana in a large bowl add potato, green chilli, cumin seeds ,salt, peanuts ,coriander leaves and lemon juice mix all together.
- Mash with your hand properly.
- Grease your palm with water and prepare sabudana vada.
- Now heat oil in pan for deep frying vada’s.
- Drop a small portion of the mixture to check if the oil is hot enough.
- Drop the prepare sabudana vada in hot oil one after the another.
- On a medium high flame deep fry until golden brown.
- Drain them to a tissue or in kitchen towel .
- Serve sabudana vada’s with tomato chutney, curd or with green chutney.!