Khaman Dhokla is one of the specialities of Gujarati cuisine and is enjoyed as a snack. This is an easy-to-make snack recipe that can be prepared anytime and is best enjoyed with tempered or pan-fried green chillies. It’s a quick dish that can be prepared in just 30-minutes. Here is an easy way to make Khaman Dhokla, which is soft and spongy and tastes super-delicious.
- Chickpea flour / besan – 2 cup
- Sugar – 5 tsp
- Citric acid – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – 1tbsp
- Water – 1 glass
- Mustard seeds – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Green chilly – 2
- Curry leaves – for tempering
- Corainder leaves for garnishing
- Take a bowl add chickpea flour, sugar, salt, citric acid, turmeric powder.
- Add water and whisk well to get a thick and smooth batter.
- Now add baking soda to the batter and mix lightly until batter is light and fluffy.
- Grease container with oil. Pour the batter and fill the container 3/8 like we do for baking cake.
- Steam in a steamer or in pressure cooker for 20 mins till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Insert a toothpick to check if dhoklas is cooked if it comes out clean then khaman dhokla is ready. And keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add the mustard seeds, green chillies, curry leaves and saute on a medium flame.
- Then add 1 glass of water , 1/2 tsp sugar and mix well.
- let it come to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Pour this tempering over the prepared dhoklas .
- Cut into pieces garinsh with fresh coriander leaves and serve it with green chutney or tomato sauce .