These are popular vegetarian kebabs in India, however in restaurants these are almost always deep fried. If you are one of those who like their kebabs deep fried then you must do that.Hara bhara kebab is a great snack for any party, goes well with chai. It can also be used as patties in sandwiches or burgers. These kebabs are vegan, full of greens and easy to make. The bright green color of the kababs comes from the spinach puree, which is mixed along with mashed boiled potatoes and green peas.
I have seen them in most of the restaurant’s menu card and have been waiting to try it at home from very long. Hara Bhara Kebab is easy to make at home.
- Spinach (palak) – 2 cups
- Boiled and mashed potato – 3
- Green peas – 1 cup half fried
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 2 to 3
- Green chillies – 2 to 3 ( as per your taste )
- Roasted Peanuts – half cup
- Coriander leaves
- Almonds ( badam ) – 3 to 4
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Blanch the spinach in water and drain it. In a blender add spinach,green peas,green chilli ,coriander leaves,almonds,roasted peanuts,ginger,garlic blend them to make a smooth paste .
- Take a bowl add potatoes ,chaat masala,green paste ,salt and mix well.
- Divide the portion into equal parts and shape each portion into a ball and press it between your palms and flatten it .
- heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Now deep fry the kabab till golden brown and crisp from both the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney and sauce .