Aloo Kachori is a small size Indian flatbread stuffed with boiled potatoes and deep fried making it an extremely popular food.Traditional Kachori’s are made using all purpose flour but I’ve used whole wheat and it came out well and it’s healthy as well.Kachori is a spicy snack popular in various parts of India.
For making dough –
- Wheat flour (atta ) – 2 cups
- Cooking oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt as per required
- Asafoetida ( hing ) – 1 pinch
- Water – 1/2 cup ( you can add more water if needed )
For making filling –
- Boiled potatoes ( peeled and grated ) – 2
- Salt as per taste
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Dry Mango powder ( amchur ) – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Green chillies – 2 to 3
- Cooking oil. – 2 tbsp
- Freshly coariander leaves
How to make kachodii:
- Add all ingredients in a bowl mix it well and prepare a dough . And kept aside .
- Heat oil in a pan add asafoetida ,green chillies and potatoes mix it well .saute for a minutes .
- Now add red chilli powder ,garam masala ,mango powder ( amchur), salt and mix it well then saute for 3 to 4 minutes .add chopped coariander leaves . switch off the flame and put filling aside .
- Again heat oil in a pan for deep frying the kachodi’ s.
- Pinch small lump from the dough and roll into round shape.
- flatten it slightly to form a thick disc and fill it with potato stuffing mix .
- Seal the edges of the stuffed dough disand roll it again to form a thick disc & small disc (Make sure to put less pressure as too much pressure will burst the disc)
- When the oil is medium hot add 1 kachori at a time, let it fry on each side for 1-2 minutes.(Till each sides are golden in color).keep the flame on low.
- Once the kachori’s are fried on both sides (golden brown) take it out of the wok and place it on towel to absorb any extra oil.
- Serve it with sauce or green chutney.Have as snacks during evenings .